ACCELGUARD® 90 is a ready to use accelerating, water-reducing admixture for concrete that does not contain calcium chloride or added chloride ions. It increases early strength at low temperatures and is especially effective in extremely cold temperatures as low as 20ºF (-7ºC). ACCELGUARD® 90 also will increase workability of the concrete and reduces bleeding and segregation. This product is compatible with most other admixtures commonly used in conventional concrete.
- Reduces initial set 1 to 6 hours depending on concrete temperatures
- Cuts construction costs - concrete placing cycle is accelerated
- Improves workability and provides denser concrete
- Minimizes bleeding and segregation
- Improves compressive strength development at early ages
- Decreases overtime allowing same day finishing
- Cold weather concreting
- Structural and plain concrete
- Precast and post tensioned concrete
- Fully complies with ASTM C 494, Type C and E admixture specifications.
- AASHTO M 194.
- Tested using the specications from ASTM C 1622 for cold weather admixture systems.
- ACI 201, Guide for Durable Concrete, and ACI 302 Guide for Concrete Floor and Slab Construction prohibit the use of chlorides in many types of concrete. ACCELGUARD 90 may be used in these types of concrete such as: floors over pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete in moist environments and/or exposed to chloride deicing salts.
ACCELGUARD 90 is packaged in bulk, 275 gal (1041 L) totes, 55 gal (208 L) drums and 5 gal (18.9 L) pails.