A TRADITION OF CUSTOMER FIRST Throughout our long history, the company has maintained the cultural foundation of family ownership and built a reputation of leadership on the basis of superior products and services delivered as promised.
Established in 1910 as the Klein Building Products Company, pioneer Jacob Klein developed and distributed waterproofing and concrete additive products in the local Cleveland, Ohio market. In 1946 Klein partnered with his cousin, Lawrence Korach, our modern day founder, and the business flourished eventually being acquired by RPM International in 1984. Under RPM ownership and Korach family guidance the company grew rapidly from a regional supplier to a modern, multinational industry leader.
Today, under the leadership of President Moorman Scott, The Euclid Chemical Company continues its mission to be a world leader and satisfy every customer.
EXPANSION THOUGH ORGANIC GROWTH AND ACQUISITIONS The Euclid Chemical Company continues to achieve annual growth in line with RPM’s policy of consistent profitable growth. This philosophy, coupled with an aggressive acquisition program, has resulted in the expansion of our business throughout the Americas.
Some of our more recent acquisitions include fiber manufacturer PSI Fibers (2011) as well as our macro fiber partner, Atlantic Fiber Technologies (2013), further securing our position as the macro fiber industry leader and only company in our business that manufactures its own fiber products. Additionally in 2012, we furthered our expansion into South America with the acquisition of Viapol, a Brazilian leader in waterproofing, roofing and concrete construction products. We continue to follow a growth path via increased market share and an aggressive acquisition program.